Friday, October 28, 2011

Wednesday 26/10/11

Pardon some of my errors and poor writing in some of these. Although I have my iPad, I have found it easier to just use my phone and the app with loading pictures. It also helps for making quite a few typing/writing errors. Jessie is going to proof them for me from now on though.

We headed out to the neighborhood of Marais. We walked through, stopping at a couple of homes with very cool courtyards. The neighborhood has a history in that it was once occupied by by the privileged, but was abandoned at some point. Although at one point it was getting pretty well beat up, over the years they have been restoring areas.

After checking out a couple homes and churches, we where set free to wander, which is pretty much the formula for the tour - guided tour in the morning, freedom to do whatever you want, then a meeting again later on some days. The format works well.

We ended up hitting up this Falafel joint for lunch. It was damn good. Like I could probably carry on a bit about it....

After lunch, Jess and I headed back to the hotel for an afternoon chill session. This is our format - do morning stuff, head back to room and chill, do stuff in the evening!

The evening event was a guided tour at the Louvre. I was very excited to check this place out and was possibly more taken by the actual building than most of the stuff in it. Our local guide, Elizabeth, who ended up doing 3 additional tours for us, was full of life and information. The place is just amazing and entirely too much to soak up.

After the Louvre, Jess & I went back to the Marais neighborhood and ate at a place we had seen that morning. It ended up being a very good thing we did. I had my first taste of foie gras and we shared a dish of Boeuf Bourguignon (basically beef stew). It was so good.

Forgot to mention - there's an Apple store in the Louvre...which I thought was strange until I saw the 3 Starbucks, McDonalds, and Subway.



No comments:

Post a Comment